PV-Battery with grid limitation

• e.kliemannel
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2022 12:36 #11764 by e.kliemannel
PV-Battery with grid limitation was created by e.kliemannel
Hello SAM community,

I have the following problem: In my application, the battery storage is simply not discharged. I can set all sorts of things in Battery Dispatch, but there is no reaction.

Can anyone help me with this. I have to admit that I am pretty new to SAM as well.

PV battery with grid limiting and no consumption.
Simple PV feed-in, with a battery storage now to be integrated. It's just a matter of technically determining the appropriate battery storage size.

Kind regards
Enrico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
10 Dec 2022 00:56 #11769 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV-Battery with grid limitation
Hi Enrico,

It looks like you changed a lot of the battery inputs from their default values. If you are new to SAM, the best approach is to start with the default inputs, and modify a few at a time as you get to know the model. For example, for the PV-Battery / Single Owner case, you could start by changing the weather file, PV system size on the System Design page, battery size on the Battery Cell and System page, and the dispatch options on the Battery Dispatch page. Once you get results that make sense by only modifying those inputs, then you can start looking at some of the other more detailed options.

In this case, I think the problem is with the battery voltage curve on the Battery CellĀ  and System page. You defined a voltage table that has the voltage increasing as the depth of discharge increases. Batteries voltage generally decreases with depth of discharge. If you change the battery voltage option back to the Electrochemical Model option, which is suitable for Lithium-ion batteries, then the battery dispatches in response to the manual dispatch schedule.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman