Wind farm voltage output

• Ivan
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2022 16:11 #11595 by Ivan
Wind farm voltage output was created by Ivan
Hi,

I observed that LandBOSE model has a data input called "interconnect voltage". I suppose this input means input voltage to local transmission network (in kV) from a farm's output voltage (few V). I have a question about these issue: ¿Does SAM suppose a standard farm's output voltage value (in V)? ¿What is it value in V?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Oct 2022 16:24 #11596 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Wind farm voltage output
Hi Ivan,

The Land-based Balance of System Cost Model (LandBOSSE) is a cost model that calculates a balance-of-system (BOS) cost on the Installation Costs page. LandBOSSE is a separate model from the Wind power model.

LandBOSSE has inputs for the interconnect voltage in kV that it uses for the BOS cost calculation because the  voltage determines the size and type of equipment required for the interconnection, which affects cost.

The Wind power model calculates the power output of the system in kW based on the power curve on the Wind Turbine page and the wind speed data in the weather file. The wind power model does not have a voltage model, so it does not calculate system voltages.

If you use the LandBOSSE model to calculate BOS costs, you should make sure to choose inputs that are consistent with the system you are modeling. For example, the LandBOSSE model is designed for large-scale utility projects rather than small wind projects, but SAM will not prevent you from using it with a single small turbine.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Hamza Ali
More
03 Nov 2022 06:20 - 03 Nov 2022 17:38 #11643 by Hamza Ali
Replied by Hamza Ali on topic Wind farm voltage output
Hello Ivan, I am Hamza Ali. I am doing my research on Wind by using SAM.

I am linked up with Sir Paul Gilman. I also want to connect with you.

I want to ask queries from you as well, it will be highly appreciated. 

Waiting for your response. 
Last edit: 03 Nov 2022 17:38 by Paul Gilman.

Moderators: Paul Gilman