PV smoothing dispatch

• Liquet
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2022 02:20 - 06 Oct 2022 23:31 #11523 by Liquet
PV smoothing dispatch was created by Liquet
Hi support team, 

I am currently working on some PV + BESS plants, the BESS has the purpose of avoiding rapid fluctuations and to control the ramp rate of the output generation. Based on this, I trying to use the PV smoothing dispatch option but I consider the information  available in the help section about different variables and controller's multipliers no enough to grasp the entire concept about this. 

Questions:

1. Is it posible to obtain, for example, a combination of battery bank size, variable's values, controller multiplier values to get the output power ramp rate shown in the webinar presentation of this dispatch option?

2. Is it posible that you share any paper that explain the theory concept behind this algorithm and how to play with the controller multipliers values to the desired results?  

Thanks,

Carlos

Last edit: 06 Oct 2022 23:31 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
10 Oct 2022 23:27 #11551 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV smoothing dispatch
Hi Carlos,

Attached is an example of the PV smoothing battery dispatch option with some additional documentation.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Liquet
  • Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2023 02:18 #12055 by Liquet
Replied by Liquet on topic PV smoothing dispatch
Hi Paul, 

Many thanks for your support on this topic! I was able to do the job in the grid-connected PV plant BESS with this and other information . I also used the results and what I learned to write a paper in one of the course of my master last semester, I allow you to use this information if this can serve as additional help to other people on this topic.   

Best regards, Carlos 

Moderators: pgilman