Export case summary to excel

• Andreas Wagner
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2011 04:29 #125 by Andreas Wagner
Export case summary to excel was created by Andreas Wagner
I used to export case summaries to excel in the previous version. How can I do this with the latest version?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Dec 2011 00:26 #126 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Export case summary to excel
We've removed the case summary spreadsheet from SAM 2011.12.2. However, you can export all of the data that was available in the spreadsheet either to Excel (Windows only) or to a CSV file (Windows or Mac) directly from the Results page.

For a list of input variables and their values, press the F8 key, or on the Case menu, click Show Input Value Summary. From the window that appears, click the Copy, Save, or To Excel button to export the list of input variables and values.

On the Results page, click Data Tables to build a table of data (including the metrics table data, hourly data, and monthly and annual summaries), and then click Copy to Clipboard, Save as CSV, or Send to Excel to export the data. Press the F1 in Windows or Command-? on Mac OS for a description of the data table categories. Once you build the table and save your zsam file, SAM saves the table configuration it so you can use it each time you open the file. Note that you must run simulations for the hourly data to be visible.

You can export the cash flow table from the Results page, after clicking Base Case Time Series. If your analysis involves parametric simulations, you can build a table with cash flow data for each of the parametric runs.

Best regards,
Paul.

After running simulations, on the Results page

• loubaba
More
14 Oct 2015 23:05 #127 by loubaba
Replied by loubaba on topic Export case summary to excel
Hi

How can we use a solar database like (NASA-SSE, Meteonorm, Helioclim...) as an input for System Advisor Model (SAM) software?? because i need it for my thesis about CSP technology in Morocco, thanks for responding.

Best regards

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Oct 2015 19:42 #128 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Export case summary to excel
Hello,

Some of the sources you mention provide data a file format that SAM can read (TMY3, TMY2, EPW). If you have data that is not in one of those formats, you can fairly easily convert your data the SAM CSV format. Please see the "Weather File Formats" topic in SAM's Help system for a description of the format.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman