Manual dispatch charge and discharge rates

• Iglesias
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jul 2022 11:58 #11276 by Iglesias
Hi Paul:

I hope everything is fine. I am writting this post because I am having problems to understand the manual battery dispatch. I made a simulation of PV + AC connected battery with manual dispatch. I just have two dispatch periods one for charging and one for discharging. Both rates are 10%. When the simulation starts, the system is in period 1 (charge), so I was expecting that the SoC increases by steps of 10% until the period is over. However, I am obtaining SoC step values that I am not sure where they are coming from. Could you please help me to understand this behaviour? I attach the simulation files and a screenshot of the SoC values.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Miguel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
27 Jul 2022 23:42 #11297 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Manual dispatch charge and discharge rates
Hi Miguel,

In your file, the battery state of charge decreases by about 8% when the battery is discharging and increases by about 8% when it is charging. This is because of the battery minimum and maximum state of charge limits at the top of the Battery Dispatch page, which are set to 10% and 90% respectively. This means that the battery has 80% of its nominal capacity available. The "Rate" percentages for the manual dispatch option are a percentage of the available capacity in each time step, not of the nominal capacity.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman