Doubt on modeling battery in new version of SAM 2021 Revised 2

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2022 13:20 #11309 by paoman
Hi Paul, thank you very much, this file worked as desired, did you make any changes? What I had sent you she doesn't download and the TOD is the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Aug 2022 17:19 #11310 by pgilman
Hi Pao,

The file I attached is the same as your file. The "DC/AC = 1.8" case is your original case.

The "DC/AC = 1" case is a copy of that case that I created by clicking Duplicate on the Case menu. I then set the value of Strings in parallel in subarray in that case to 372 based on your table on the Parametrics page.

Best regards,
Paul.

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2022 13:28 #11313 by paoman
I believe there is some bug (error) in the software here on my PC. Well, some files are giving 0 kWh discharge, and for example, what you sent in parametric, showed a lower charge for the battery when we had a higher DC/AC ratio.

Has the battery modeling been modified, "look ahead" for example in the new version?

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2022 13:49 #11314 by paoman
Paul, I tested it on another computer and the simulation worked normally. My PC is showing inconsistent results. Is there any incompatibility with Windows 11? I ran the same file in the other and it worked.

• pgilman
More
03 Aug 2022 17:09 - 03 Aug 2022 17:10 #11315 by pgilman
Hi Pao,

I provided a link to the release notes in my response to your original post above that describes the changes to the battery dispatch code in each version of SAM.

I would not expect the battery dispatch model to behave differently on different versions of Windows. Please make sure you are using the same file when you compare results on different computers.

If you are not sure if two files you are comparing are the same, you can use the "Import cases" and "Inputs browser" features on SAM's File menu to compare the files. For example, if File 1 and File 2 each have one case:

1. Start SAM and open File 1.
  2. On the File menu, click Import cases.
  3. In the Select a SAM Project File window, go to File 2, choose a case to import, and click OK. Now File 1 should contain two cases: The original case from File 1 and the imported case from File 2.
  4. On the File menu, click Inputs browser. The Inputs Browser lists the inputs in the two cases. Use the View menu to choose whether to list all variables or only variables that have different values or the same values.
Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2022 17:10 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman