Updated SAM 2020.11.29 to SAM 2021.12.2, and started having problem - below

• jaboudiwan
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jun 2022 15:56 #11193 by jaboudiwan
Now everytime i try to simulate a progect i can do that with weather files downloaded through SAM 2020.11.29 but cannot do with files i downloaded myself which were working perfectly in the older version. The message I get is as follows:

exec fail(pvsamv1): Error retrieving albedo value fromweather file: Invalid albedo value -999 at time [y:2013 m:1 d:1 h:0 minute:0].
Albedo must be greater than zero and less than one.Simulation pvsamv1 failed :exec fail(pvsamv1): Errorretrieving albedo value from weather file: Invalid albedo value -999 at time
[y:2013 m:1 d:1 h:0 minute:0]. Albedo must be greater than zero and less than
one.gen not assignedSimulation grid failed :gen not assignedSSC requires input 'gen', but was not found in the SAM UI orfrom previous simulationsSimulation utilityrate5 failed :precheck input: variable'gen' (System power generated) required but not assignedSSC requires input 'utility_bill_w_sys', but was not foundin the SAM UI or from previous simulationsSimulation cashloan failed :precheck input: variable'utility_bill_w_sys' (Electricity bill for system) required but not assigned

Thanks for helping out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
30 Jun 2022 22:10 #11208 by pgilman
Hello,

Could you attach an example of a weather file that causes this error message so I can troubleshoot?

Best regards,
Paul.

• jaboudiwan
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2022 23:53 #11211 by jaboudiwan
Thanks Paul,
I have solved the issue by yesterday by simply going to the Location and Resource Screen / Albedo / and unselected  (ticked-off) "use Albedo from weather file if available" 
all simulations work perfectly now. 

Unfortunately I tried to copy one of the weather files to this message but couldn't

BR

Joe Aboudiwan

LBN_Qaa_tmy_34.349_36.483_2005_2014

• pgilman
More
01 Jul 2022 16:29 #11215 by pgilman
Hi Joe,

Based on this information, I think your weather file has missing data in the albedo column that are preventing SAM from reading the data. By clearing Use albedo from weather file if available (at the bottom of the Location and Resource page for the Detailed PV model), you tell SAM to use the monthly albedo data provided on the Location and Resource page instead of the data in the weather file. That prevents SAM from encountering the -999 values.

This would also happen if the weather file had out-of-range albedo values (less than zero or greater than 1).

If you want to use the albedo data in the weather file, you will need to edit the file to replace the missing data with valid values.

Best regards,
Paul.

• jaboudiwan
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2022 04:49 #11219 by jaboudiwan
Thanks Paul I appreciate the help.

BR

Joe

Moderators: pgilman