PV + Battery Parametrics Error

• alexstark88
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2022 16:45 #11174 by alexstark88
PV + Battery Parametrics Error was created by alexstark88
Hello,

I'm attempting to create an optimization of a DC coupled PV+BESS system using the Parametrics feature. I am varying the Desired bank power (kW) and the Desired bank duration (hrs) variables, but I've noticed that regardless of these inputs, the Annual energy exported to the grid from the battery (kWh) output variable does not change by as much as expected. I have confirmed this by running two different configurations via the standard Simulate feature. 

Can someone either let me know what i'm doing wrong or look into this error?

Thanks,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
27 Jun 2022 15:39 #11181 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV + Battery Parametrics Error
Hi Alex,

One thing to check is that the units for Desired bank capacity on the Battery Cell and System page is set to h and not kWh:

If that's not the issue, please attach a copy of your file and I will try to help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

• alexstark88
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2022 15:47 #11184 by alexstark88
Replied by alexstark88 on topic PV + Battery Parametrics Error
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply! Attached is my file. Please let me know if you have any further questions:

Best,
Alex
Attachments:

• pgilman
More
27 Jun 2022 17:36 #11185 by pgilman
Hi Alex,

It looks like you have set up the inputs correctly for the parametric simulation runs. You should get the same results by clicking the Simulate button as you get from the parametric runs. If you are getting different results, carefully check the values on the input pages to be sure they match the values of the parametric inputs.

If there is a specific set of inputs that gives different results, let me know and I will see if I can see what is causing it.

To help with troubleshooting, you might start with a smaller number of input values for the parametric inputs so that it does not take as long to run and is a little easier to sort through the results. Once you have things working well for the smaller parametric runs, you can expand the range of values for the full set of runs.

Best regards,
Paul.

• alexstark88
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jun 2022 15:07 - 30 Jun 2022 22:12 #11192 by alexstark88
Replied by alexstark88 on topic PV + Battery Parametrics Error
Hi Paul,

It seems like there is a disconnect between my system size (150 MWh) and how much the battery is actually outputting (in excess of 280 MW over multiple hours):
Last edit: 30 Jun 2022 22:12 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
30 Jun 2022 22:18 #11209 by pgilman
Hi Alex,

Pasting images into the message editor does not work. Please use the Attachments button below the editor to include images in your message.

Please try creating a case that causes these unexpected results when you click the Simulate button by setting the inputs on the Battery Cell and System (and other input pages) to match the row in the parametrics table. That will make it easier to understand what might be causing the results that you see in the table of parametric results.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman