Error when running model on new SAM version

• hhundt
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2022 15:19 #11131 by hhundt
Hi,

The current version of SAM (see below) is kicking an error when running a generate storage commercial PV+battery model using the price signal dispatcher and a detailed demand rate with a net billing rate structure. Error:
--
exec fail(lib_utility_rate_equations): Demand rate Period 1 not found for Month 5.Simulation battery failed :exec fail(lib_utility_rate_equations): Demand rate Period 1 not found for Month 5.monthly_grid_to_batt not assignedSimulation cashloan failed :monthly_grid_to_batt not assigned--

This error does not come when I run it on the last version of SAM using the same inputs.

SAM version with error: 
Version 2021.12.2, 64 bit, updated to revision 2SSC Version 274: OS X 64 bit GNU/C++ Jun 6 2022 02:58:13wxWidgets 3.1.5 on macOS Version 12.4 (Build 21F79)Internet connection method: defaultDisplay: 1440 x 900, magnification 1x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
18 Jun 2022 11:21 #11150 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error when running model on new SAM version
Hello,

That simulation error is supposed to indicate that there is a problem with the electricity rate inputs.

In this case, please check the weekday and weekend schedule matrices for demand charges to make sure that each period number in both matrices is defined in the "Demand rates by time-of-use Period and/or Tiers" table.

Please attach a copy of your .sam file if you would like me to help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

• hhundt
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2022 17:00 #11196 by hhundt
Replied by hhundt on topic Error when running model on new SAM version
Hi Paul,

I believe all demand periods are defined correctly and the same SAM file does run on the last version without errors but I could be missing something. I attached it here if your willing to take a look.

Thank you,

Henry

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Jun 2022 21:58 #11207 by Paul Gilman
Hi Henry,

This looks like it might be a bug in the price signal forecast battery dispatch option. We are investigating and I will follow up when I learn  more.

For now, the only workaround I can think of is to use a different battery dispatch option.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Jun 2022 23:04 #11210 by Paul Gilman
Hi Henry,

This is a bug in the price signal forecast battery dispatch algorithm: github.com/NREL/ssc/issues/843. Thank you for helping us find that.

We will fix that for the next version of SAM.

In the meantime, as a workaround for the demand rates in your file, you could reassign the rates to the demand rates by month table as I did in the attached version of your file.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman