DSG PTC in SAM

• Mortified
  • Topic Author
More
07 Feb 2013 17:53 #1251 by Mortified
DSG PTC in SAM was created by Mortified
Hello,

I want to simulate DSG used in Parabolic Trough Collectors, I know there currently is no option to simulate this in SAM.
My desire is to compare conventional HTF and DSG.
The mayor changes I would have to make in the current HTF PTC model is the elimination of the heat exchanger in and create a user defined HTF of a steam/water mixture.
The latter is possible I believe but I would have to make some crude assumptions, the problem is the former.
Is it somehow possible to eliminate this heat exchanger in the source code of the program?
I have read somewhere that it is possible to change the source code but it would be necessary to adapt the code using trnsys?

Anyway, I hope someone understands my problem and will be able to help me.

Kind regards,

Jirry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
08 Feb 2013 21:25 #1252 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic DSG PTC in SAM
Dear Jirry,

The only heat exchanger that you can effectively remove is the thermal storage heat exchanger. When you specify the same HTF for the solar field and thermal storage system, the heat exchanger's derate factor is equal to 1, which is the same as not having a heat exchanger.

For now, SAM's physical trough model is not designed to model a direct-steam application, and I'm not sure of a way to use it to model such a system.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman