• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2022 17:34 #11028 by sofiane
Simulation Error was created by sofiane
Please give an explication to this message
Parametric #3: gen not assigned
Parametric #3: Simulation grid failed:gen not assigned
Parametric #3: SSC requires input 'gen', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Parametric #3: Simulation levpartflip failed :precheck input: variable 'gen' required but not assigned

What means SSC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
01 Jun 2022 23:30 #11032 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Simulation Error
Hi Sofiane,

"SSC" is the SAM Simulation Core. It is the name of the simulation engine SAM uses for the performance models and financial models in SAM.

The message "gen not assigned" meas that for Parametric Run 3, the performance model simulation failed. The variable "gen" is the system's production profile that is required as input to the financial model, so it also caused the "levpartflip" financial model to fail.

If you need help troubleshooting your file, please attach it and I will see if I can help.

Best regards,
Paul.

• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2022 11:43 #11044 by sofiane
Replied by sofiane on topic Simulation Error
Dear Paul;
Thank you very much for your answer
Please find on attached my file and let me know the problem
Thanks at advance
all the best
Attachments:

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Jun 2022 18:18 #11052 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Simulation Error
Hi Sofiane,

Thank you for sending the file.

This file was last saved using an older version of SAM. I was able to fix the file by opening it in SAM 2020.11.29 Revision 2. If you are using SAM 2020.11.29 Revision 1 or SAM 2020.11.29, I would recommend updating to Revision 2. You can update your version of SAM by clicking Check for updates when you first start SAM (the button is at the bottom left corner of SAM's Welcome page), or by downloading it from the list of Legacy versions on the SAM website Download page: sam.nrel.gov/download.html.

If you want to use this file in SAM 2021.12.02, you will need to first open it in SAM 2020.11.29 Revision 2, save it, and then open it in SAM 2021.12.02. In SAM 2021.12.02, you will also need to change the option on the Electricity Purchases page from Use PPA or market prices to Use retail electricity rate(s).

Best regards,
Paul.

• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jun 2022 08:18 #11072 by sofiane
Replied by sofiane on topic Simulation Error
Hi paul
Thank you very much for your help
All the best

Moderators: Paul Gilman