"No building load"?

• Graham
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2022 19:36 #10926 by Graham
"No building load"? was created by Graham
Hi All,Seems like a silly question but I can't figure it out for the life of me, haven't seen any similar question on the forumI am doing a Residential Detailed PV sim. Just a few panels and a SAM calculated building load. When I look at the Summary Report (attached) there's a prominent statement saying "System delivers power directly to grid (no building load)" Now I don't think this is true - the rest of the report clearly shows there is a building load and the annual savings in $ seem reasonable for offset cost. So why does the report say all the power is going to the grid?Thanks,Graham
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
04 May 2022 23:59 #10927 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic "No building load"?
Hi Graham,

I can't seem to create a case that replicates this issue. Would you mind attaching the .sam file that you used to generate this report?

That text "System delivers power directly to grid (no building load)" should only appear when the value of 'Electricity load total (year 1) (kWh/yr)' is zero. You can check that on the Data Tables tab of the Results page -- that output variable should be listed under "Single Values."

Best regards,
Paul.

• Graham
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2022 15:03 #10935 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic "No building load"?
Thanks! I have attached the model.I think I figured out the issue. It seems to occur only when I am using the "Calculate Load Data" option in the Electric Load section. If I select "Input Time Series Load Data" the report doesn't include the "no building load" message.
Attachments:

• Paul Gilman
More
06 May 2022 21:54 - 06 May 2022 21:55 #10938 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic "No building load"?
Hi Graham,

Aha! That's a bug.  The report generator reads load data from variables that are available for the "Input Time Series Load Data" option but not the "Calculate Load Data" option.

We'll have to fix that to make it work with the load calculator: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/1033

Thanks for letting us know!

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 06 May 2022 21:55 by Paul Gilman.

Moderators: Paul Gilman