Value of RE system macro

• Orlando
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2022 10:00 - 03 May 2022 21:46 #10919 by Orlando
Value of RE system macro was created by Orlando
Hi SAM team,

I have observed in some posts, that in a Generic System-Battery, the financial analysis and electricity saving take it as a system (System+Battery) and the simulation does not allow to have only the financial data of the battery. To do this, I tried to use the "Value of RE System" macro, but I get the following error:

Attachment value-of-re-macro-error.png not found

I would like to know how to solve it, or if there is another way to obtain the payback period of the project (only Battery). I attach the project to the post. I have entered the annual hourly data (8760) for generation, electricity rates and electricity load. 

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 May 2022 21:46 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
03 May 2022 22:02 #10923 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Value of RE system macro
Hi Orlando,

We have fixed that problem for the next update to SAM 2021.12.02: github.com/NREL/SAM/pull/982. We hope to release that update by the end of May.

In the meantime, you can manually replace the macro in your SAM installation with the updated version. The macro is an LK script with the .lk file extension. There are two copies of the attached 'Value of RE System.lk' file in your SAM installation folder. You should replace them both with the attached version:

<SAM installation folder>/runtime/macros/Commercial/Value of RE Systems.lk

<SAM installation folder>/runtime/macros/Residential/Value of RE Systems.lk

In Windows, the SAM installation folder by default is C:/SAM/2021.12.02. See sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2776 for more on where to find the installation folder.

Best regards,
Paul.
Attachments:

• Orlando
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2022 07:54 #10925 by Orlando
Replied by Orlando on topic Value of RE system macro
I have replaced the code and it works. Thank you very much!
I appreciate the quick response Paul. Nice work

Moderators: Paul Gilman