TIme Step of weather data

• Paul Gilman
More
24 May 2022 16:12 #10990 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Time Step of weather data
Hi Gabriel,

My suggestion requires that you write your own code in Python using the PySAM package, or in a different language (C++, C#, Java, etc.) using the tools that are part of the SAM SDK to access one of the performance models that can run a single time step.

I think an easier approach might be to modify a weather file with one year's worth of data and focus on the time of interest. For example, if you want to run a simulation for the month of February, you can use a weather file with data for the entire year ignore the results for all of the other months.

That technique is described in the following posts:

sam.nrel.gov/component/kunena/forum-general/1004

sam.nrel.gov/component/kunena/forum-general/3148

Can you tell me more about what kind of system you are trying to model, and what weather data you want to use?

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gabriel Simões
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2022 17:34 #10992 by Gabriel Simões
Replied by Gabriel Simões on topic Time Step of weather data
Got it. I'll try that. Thks.

I was trying to use LDKtool. My objective is to simulate a 10 days data simulation with time step of one minute, to comparing the results with PVsyst results. The company I work is trying to use SAM to validate the results obtained with PVsyst, and some validations studies presents sub-annual data as like 10 days.

Trying to simulate this data on SAM I made a weather file with this 10 days repeating all 365 days of the year (like it was described here sam.nrel.gov/component/kunena/forum-general/603-csp-1-day-simulation-with-sam/1865.html), I wonder if that is recommended to obtain good results?

• Paul Gilman
More
26 May 2022 00:56 #10999 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Time Step of weather data
Hi Gabriel,

That approach should work, but be careful to look at the results for the appropriate dates. For example, if the 10 days are June 1-10, then you should look at the results for those days of the year to ensure that the sun angles are consistent with the weather data.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman