We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Community Solar PPA

• orlandonrg
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2022 01:30 #10759 by orlandonrg
Community Solar PPA was created by orlandonrg
Hello:

I am working through the community solar beta and I am struggling with finding a PPA price. I would like to manipulate or even see what that value may be on the model I have put together. If I am thinking about this all wrong, I am all ears.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
30 Mar 2022 23:22 #10772 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Community Solar PPA
Hi Orlando,

The community solar financial model is in SAM 2021.12.02, so you can use that instead of the Beta version. For now, it is only available for PVWatts, but as we get more feedback on the model, we plan to make it available with the Detailed PV and PV Battery configurations.

For the community solar model, the project earns revenue from subscription payments rather than from PPA revenue. SAM provides options for different types of subscription payments on the Community Solar input page.

Please see the Help topic for the Financial Parameters page for a description of those inputs (press the F1 key in SAM or click the Help button at the top right of the SAM window). Here is a link to that topic in the online copy of Help:

samrepo.nrelcloud.org/help/fin_community_solar.htm

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman