We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Simulating Process 1 Stuck at 89.3%

• meerabp
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2022 03:20 #10656 by meerabp
Simulating Process 1 Stuck at 89.3% was created by meerabp
When I add a period of AC Losses in the System Availability Section in the Losses Tab, the simulation holds up at 89.3% and stays there all day until I force quit. When I add more periods, it gets stuck at 66.6%

How can I get it to simulate the model a five day period of 100% curtailment without the model freezing?

Thanks!
File attached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Mar 2022 00:05 #10659 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Simulating Process 1 Stuck at 89.3%
Hi Meera,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for attaching a file to help us see what the problem is.

The AC and DC lifetime daily inputs on the Lifetime and Degradation input page are not working correctly. We will fix that problem for the second update to SAM 2021.12.02.

In the meantime, you can use the inputs under "System Availability" on the Losses input page to specify times when the DC or AC system output is zero.

Alternatively, if you want to model compensation for curtailed energy, you can use the input on the Grid Limits page along with the curtailment payment inputs on the Revenue page.

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
21 Apr 2022 18:24 - 21 Apr 2022 18:24 #10860 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Simulating Process 1 Stuck at 89.3%
We have fixed an issue with the AC and DC daily lifetime loss inputs for the Detailed PV model for the second update (r2) to SAM 2021.12.02. If you would like to try it out before we release the update in mid-May, you can download the Beta version described here:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3847

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2022 18:24 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman