We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Create Report crashing SAM

• kscoles
  • Topic Author
More
14 Feb 2022 19:44 #10594 by kscoles
Create Report crashing SAM was created by kscoles
I'm using Mac SAM 2021.12.2 (refreshed today), and every time I choose Create Report from the Case menu SAM immediately crashes. I'm doing this just after running a successful simulation. My SAM log has the following content:

Segmentation fault: 11logoutSaving session......copying shared history......saving history...truncating history files......completed.

I'm not seeing anything in the Forum about this, so I'm curious about what's going on. Is it a SAM issue or a local issue?

Kevin Scoles
Drexel University

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Feb 2022 23:48 #10599 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Create Report crashing SAM
Hi Kevin,

We have fixed this issue in the code and are waiting to fix a few other problems before we release an update to SAM 2021.12.02 later this week (week of 2/14/2022).

Here is a link to the issue on the SAM GitHub repository:

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/723

Best regards,
Paul.

• Vincentab
More
02 Mar 2022 05:57 #10643 by Vincentab
Replied by Vincentab on topic Crashing SAM
I just downloaded the 2021.12.02 and it crashed on simulate. Wondering if the fix has been uploaded yet.  Thanks.

• pgilman
More
03 Mar 2022 01:13 #10648 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Crashing SAM
Hi Vincent,

The issue with SAM crashing on macOS should be fixed in SAM 2021.12.02 r1. Please verify that you are using SAM 2021.12.02 updated to Revision 1. You can find the version information by clicking Help, and then About in the navigation bar at the top of the Help window.

If SAM is crashing on your Mac with the updated version of SAM 2021.12.02, please describes the steps that lead to the crash.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman