We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Error messages for standalone battery: temperature and grid_to_batt.

• vadimutkin
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2022 14:45 #10570 by vadimutkin
Hello, 
Working on standalone storage for the industrial client. When running simulation got the following errors in a log:
"exec fail(battery): Environment temperature input length must equal number of weather file records.Simulation battery failed :exec fail(battery): Environment temperature input length must equal number of weather file records.monthly_grid_to_batt not assignedSimulation cashloan failed :monthly_grid_to_batt not assigned"
I have checked "Battery cell and system">"Battery Thermal">"Thermal Properties". " Environment temp option" set to "Enter single fixed temperature" (see screenshot attached).  

And I have no clue about "monthly_grid_to_batt not assigned" error.

Thanks!

/ Vadim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
04 Feb 2022 00:19 #10574 by pgilman
Hi Vadim,

I could not replicate this on either my Windows or Mac computer. Could you attach a copy of a .sam file that generates this message?

Best regards,
Paul.

• vadimutkin
  • Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2022 18:45 #10579 by vadimutkin
File attached. Thanks!
Attachments:

• pgilman
More
04 Feb 2022 23:59 #10580 by pgilman
Hi Vadim,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and following up with the file. This is a bug that we will fix for the first update to SAM 2021.12.02, which we hope to release by mid-February.

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/918

You can work around this issue by setting the number of time series battery environment temperature values equal to the number of time series load data time steps, and setting all of the temperatures to the same value:

1. On the Battery Cell and System page, under Battery Thermal, choose Enter time series temperature for the environment temp option.

2. Click Edit array and then Change time step, and set the time step to the same time step as the load data.

3. Click Export, and export the data to a text file. You can any file extension, for example, .txt or .csv.

4. Open the file in a text editor or spreadsheet program, and replace all of the zero values with 25, or whatever constant temperature you want to use for the environment temperature, and then save the file.

5. In SAM, click Import to import the data from the modified file.

Best regards,
Paul.

• vadimutkin
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2022 06:20 #10591 by vadimutkin
Paul, thank you very much! It works beautifully! This is a great software and great support.
/ Vadim

Moderators: pgilman