We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Message Error for Detailed PV - Commercial

• altall
  • Topic Author
More
01 Feb 2022 12:03 #10561 by altall
I am getting this error. I have googled and searched in the forum for answers but it seems that no one else is having this issue. I am using the 2021.12.2 SAM version. Could anyone please help me solving it? Thanks in advance

fail(albedo, length=12): 1
Simulation pvsamv1 failed :fail(albedo, length=12): 1
gen not assigned
Simulation grid failed :gen not assigned
SSC requires input 'gen', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation utilityrate5 failed :precheck input: variable 'gen' (System power generated) required but not assigned
SSC requires input 'utility_bill_w_sys', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation cashloan failed :precheck input: variable 'utility_bill_w_sys' (Electricity bill for system) required but not assigned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
03 Feb 2022 00:13 #10565 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Message Error for Detailed PV - Commercial
Hi Alejandro,

Could you attach a copy of a .sam file that demonstrates these results?

That error message indicates that the monthly albedo data has 1 value instead of 12 monthly values, which should not happen unless you use an LK script to change the value of the monthly albedo input. To fix the problem, you could try the following:

1. On the Location and Resource page, expand the Albedo - Sky Diffuse Model - Irradiance Data (Advanced) panel at the bottom of the page.

2. Clear the Use albedo from weather file if available check box.

3. Click Edit values for Monthly albedo.

4. Click OK to close the window.

5. Check Use albedo from weather file if available.

Best regards,
Paul.

• ACCTEK
More
04 Mar 2022 09:11 #10654 by ACCTEK
Replied by ACCTEK on topic Message Error for Detailed PV - Commercial
Hi,
did you handle the issue finally?

Moderators: pgilman