We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Using PV module and inverter database in PySAM

• grmiller
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jan 2022 19:41 #10515 by grmiller
Hello,

When utilizing the detailed PV module (Pvsamv1) in  PySAM, it is possible to load PV module and/or inverter specs automatically from one of the module databases? Or would you need to load it using the desktop version of SAM, export the code, and then load that into PySAM? I couldn't seem to find any info about how to call the databases in the PySAM documentation. If this doesn't yet exist, perhaps this could be considered as a feature addition for a future release of pysam.

Thank you,

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
19 Jan 2022 17:14 #10518 by pgilman
Hi Greg,

PySAM does not have tools to load data from the CSV files of module and inverter parameters. Those tools are part of the SAM user interface, so are not available in PySAM.

You can find the CEC Inverters and CEC Modules CSV files in the libraries folder in the SAM installation folder . You could write your own code to read data from those files into the pvsamv1 module.

If you do write code to do this and would like to contribute it to the PySAM project, let me know and I can facilitate that.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman