We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

PV Output data

• Antoniolgm
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2022 07:14 #10500 by Antoniolgm
PV Output data was created by Antoniolgm
Hello,

I am using SAM in order to analyze a PV+Battery system. I would like to find in the data tables the PV Output in kWh, nevertheless, in order to get that data, I have to do some calculations :

PV Output [kWh] = Consumption without system [kWh] - Consumption with system [kWh].

Important to stand out that I can do that only because the battery will be charged only with PV. Nevertheless, I would like to get the data from the table at "Data tables". I thought it was "Energy [kWh]" at Annual Data but it does not coincide with my calculations.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
11 Jan 2022 23:11 #10501 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV Output data
Hi Antonio,

You can use the following variables for the Detailed PV model to see the DC output of the PV array on the Data Tables tab of the Results page:

Annual DC energy gross (kWh/yr)
DC energy (kWh/mo)
Subarray x DC power gross (kW), where x is the subarray number

If the battery is AC connected, then Inverter DC input power (kW) is the array output power.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Antoniolgm
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2022 06:33 #10505 by Antoniolgm
Replied by Antoniolgm on topic PV Output data
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your answer, although I have just added all the months in  DC Energy (kWh/mo) and the result fits with Annual DC energy (kWh/yr) and not with Annual DC energy gross (kWh/yr). So I guess it is Annual DC energy the real PV Output. And taking advantage of the conversation here, what is the difference between those two (Energy gross/Energy? Is it the loss DC losses? 

Thanks and Regards,

Antonio

• pgilman
More
12 Jan 2022 23:17 #10506 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV Output data
Hi Antonio,

Yes. The variables with "gross" in the name indicate values before DC losses are applied. The DC losses may be ones you specify on the Losses page, or calculated by the model, depending on the options you choose for shading or other parameters.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman