We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

boiler pressure

• ahmad2021
  • Topic Author
More
31 Dec 2021 12:52 #10457 by ahmad2021
boiler pressure was created by ahmad2021
in soler power tower, when I increase the boiler pressure shouldn't the cycle efficiency increase too?
when I run the simulation and check the data of pc efficiency it doesn't change much and sometimes decrease.
what I am trying to say is lets say I used 90 bar boiler pressure then I wanted to change it to 150 bar the efficiency doesn't increase.
and is it possible to control the efficiency using the pressure of the boiler? other than specifying the efficiency in system design tab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Jan 2022 23:46 #10479 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic boiler pressure
Hi Ahmad,

SAM uses the boiler pressure input to calculate a non-dimensional temperature value for a prediction of the cycle performance. It is not used directly in calculations of the cycle efficiency.

When you change input design parameters such as HTF inlet and outlet temperatures, design-point ambient temperature, and boiler temperature, you should also change the rated cycle conversion efficiency.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman