We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

ReOpt Lite Error 48

• stumpyd321
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2021 20:42 #10446 by stumpyd321
ReOpt Lite Error 48 was created by stumpyd321
Hello Paul!

It is good to see you are still here. I started using SAM like 7 years ago and you were moderating this forum. I changed job roles a few times so I have haven't been using SAM much, but I am back in renewables again.

I am running a simple PV +BESS model for a residential owner and received this error:

Could not evaluate callback function:call_reopt->on_change
[48]: error in call to 'reopt_size_battery()': fail(albedo, length=12): 1[4]: eval error in statement list

The first time I ran ReOpt I received the error about the setting for allowing charging from the grid being disabled, but that setting is now enabled. I have attached the SAM project file.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
30 Dec 2021 22:55 #10447 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic ReOpt Lite Error 48
Hi David,

Welcome back to the world of renewables.

That message is caused by the value of the monthly abledo input variable having the wrong number of values, which I think is caused by the way defaults are set up behind the scenes.

To fix the problem:

1. Go to the Location and Resource page, and expand the "Albedo - Sky Diffuse Model - Irradiance Data (Advanced)" panel.
2. Under "Albedo" click Edit values and then click OK. Be sure to click OK and not Cancel so that SAM stores the 12 values in the table to the variable.

Now you should be able to run REopt from the Battery Cell and System page, and the simulation should run without an error about albedo. Please let me know if that does not work.

Did you create this file with an older version of SAM and then open it in SAM 2021.12.02?

Best regards,
Paul.

• stumpyd321
  • Topic Author
More
31 Dec 2021 03:58 #10456 by stumpyd321
Replied by stumpyd321 on topic ReOpt Lite Error 48
Paul,

Thanks. That fixed it.

I created this model within the latest version of SAM. I did not create this in an older version.

Regards,
David

• pgilman
More
21 Apr 2022 18:11 - 21 Apr 2022 18:26 #10858 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic ReOpt Lite Error 48
We have fixed an issue with SAM's call to the REopt API and with the albedo inputs for the second update (r2) to SAM 2021.12.02. If you would like to try it out before we release the update in mid-May, you can download the Beta version described here:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3847

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2022 18:26 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman