We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Help in Comparing Outputs for PV System Outputs

• ajinkya_apm
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2021 23:55 #10356 by ajinkya_apm
Hi Paul,

I am trying to validate the results of my SAM model by modelling a few PV systems from Australia. I have some info on these systems -

System Design (Azimuth, Tilt) 
Electrical Config (modules in series/parallel)
Module and Inverter datasheets. 

I am completing the simulation by using the weather file from ( climate.onebuilding.org/WMO_Region_5_Southwest_Pacific/AUS_Australia/index.html#IDNT_Northern_Territory-)

Apart from the known info, I have kept the rest of the inputs as default. 

For all these sites, I have the single phase AC Power values (which I have converted to hourly) for a couple of years of data. 

My idea is to compare these values to that of the system power generated (gen) values which I get in SAM/PySAM result. 

I want to know how should I consider which inputs should I adapt to the Australian standard in order to get accurate results. 

My understanding is that the soiling conditions from Australia might play a role in the Output. And I would investigate other such parameters as well. 

However, how is the system power generated (gen) calculated? 

If I would be able to know that, perhaps I would make realistic assumptions for the effective parameters to make my comparative analysis more accurate. 

Please let me know what you think about this. 

Thanks, 
Ajinkya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Dec 2021 22:30 #10364 by pgilman
Hi Ajinkya,

Please see the Photovoltaic Reference Manual for details of the model's calculations. You con download it from the link on the PV Publications page: sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-publications.html

You might also be interested in the reports listed on the PV Validation page: sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-validation.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman