We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

EPW file will not show up in SAM library

• SaViLa91
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2021 18:58 #10353 by SaViLa91
Hi! 

I have an original EPW file which I converted to a CSV in Energy Plus and manipulated the parameters. After converting it back to EPW in EnergyPlus I wanted to run it again in SAm, but the EPW won't show up in the SAM library and I don't know what I can do to fix it. Is there a way I can get it to show up so I can run the model? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Dec 2021 22:40 #10366 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic EPW file will not show up in SAM library
Hi Sara,

In general, we recommend converting weather files to the SAM CSV format to use with SAM. You can use the Solar Resource File Converter macro to convert from EPW to SAM CSV. (click Macros under the Simulate button to see a list of macros.

That said, you can add EPW files to the solar resource library on the Location and Resource page:

1. Click Add/remove weather file folders.
2. In the Solar Resource Folder Settings window, click Add, and select the folder that contains your EPW file(s).
3. Click OK.

SAM scans the folder and adds any valid weather files to the library. You may need to scroll to the bottom of the library list to see the newly added files. Before adding files to the library, SAM checks to see that they are valid, so if there are any problems with your EPW files, it will not add them to the library.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman