We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Battery not Dispatching without making the cycle degradation penalty negative.

• msohebzaidi
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2021 08:38 - 08 Dec 2021 05:25 #10327 by msohebzaidi
Hello SAM Experts,

I have been trying to simulate FOM Solar+Battery Storage system. For this simulation I am using PV-battery,merchant model and for some reason not able to dispatch the battery.

I want to use automated battery dispatch (look ahead 18 hours). When I run the simulation with cycle degradation penalty as (calculate automatically), I can see in results that the battery computed cycle degradation  penalty is 0.0107031 $/cycle-kWh. Now if I go back to dispatch and try to reduce it to 0.009 or even 0, it does not triggers battery dispatch.

However, if I enter the value as -0.009 it triggers battery dispatch. 

There are 2 questions which I want to ask here:
1. How do I get the battery to dispatch with cycle degradation penalty set to as "calculate automatically".
2. Seems like $/Cycle-kWh is a very sensitive parameter, how does SAM run the codes to calculate this, if you can explain how this works that would be great.

I have attached the .sam file for reference. Please have a look. 

Thanks in advance, looking forward for your reply!

File Attachment:

File Name: Southwest_Region.sam
File Size:212 KB
Last edit: 08 Dec 2021 05:25 by msohebzaidi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Dec 2021 22:41 #10367 by pgilman
Hi Soheb,

Please see my reply to your other post at sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3681 .

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman