We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

effect of GCR on energy production

• eli
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2021 11:29 #10315 by eli
Hello, I am working with bifacial modules, 
To investigate the effect of the distance between the panels on the energy produced, I changed the GCR, expecting this factor to be ineffective for very long distances because it has practically no effect on the shadow,
for example for 50 meters, and 100 meters, but the simulation results were different: 1571 For 50 meters and 1585 for 100 meters, which is problematic in two ways:
firstly, the values must be the same because the shadow is ineffective,
and secondly, considering the effect of wiring losses over long distances, the output energy should be less, not more

I appreciate your attention

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
30 Nov 2021 00:56 #10321 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic effect of GCR on energy production
Hi Elaheh,

Can you share the .sam file you used to generate those results with an explanation of your GCR assumptions?

SAM does not adjust wiring losses based on GCR, so you should account for that effect by changing the DC loss input.

Best regards,
Paul.

• eli
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2021 21:54 - 07 Dec 2021 00:50 #10332 by eli
Replied by eli on topic effect of GCR on energy production
Hi Elaheh,

Can you share the .sam file you used to generate those results with an explanation of your GCR assumptions?

SAM does not adjust wiring losses based on GCR, so you should account for that effect by changing the DC loss input.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2021 00:50 by pgilman.

• eli
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2021 22:13 #10333 by eli
Replied by eli on topic effect of GCR on energy production
Hi Dear Paul,
I have sent 2 files by mistake, however, the difference in the results can be seen by GCR=0.05 and GCR=0.01 for any arrangement.

Moderators: pgilman