We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

PV+Storage with Merchant Plant

• Peon
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2021 08:23 #10259 by Peon
PV+Storage with Merchant Plant was created by Peon
HiI´m trayingto simulate a PV plant plus batteries with the Merchat Plant model.I´m fromSpain and I want to get the revenue with the spanish Energy Market and once
anchary services that maybe on the future it will be available.In theRevenue option I introduce the Price ($/MWh) on the life time data about the
Energy Spain Market and the other colum (Cleared Capacity ) I leave it at zero.
But when I simulate I dont receive any revenue about sold energy.I have thisquestion : If I select Automated dispatch on battery dicpatch options, Can the
program select with the algorthm the best hours to charge and discharge the
batteries look at the prices of the Energy Market introduce on the life time
data?And anotherquestion: is it necesary to introduce the Cleared Capacity on the lifedata
colum? I think that I dont understand this colum, I think that this is the
power generate with the system (PV + Storage), Doesn´t the program take automatically
this energy? How could I get the cleared capacity data?What is itthe best way to simulate the viability of the Project with the datas that I
want to use?Thanks you! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
10 Nov 2021 23:52 #10263 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV+Storage with Merchant Plant
Hi Jorge,

Please see this post for answers to your questions:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3583

Best regards,
Paul.

• Peon
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2021 23:37 #10287 by Peon
Replied by Peon on topic PV+Storage with Merchant Plant
Thank youvery much for the reply.From I havebeen able to read on the post, the way of implement the viability of the
Project with my features is to use the PPA model with a PPA price =1 and TOD
factors by time-step, with the hourly prices for a full year.What is itthe process to implement? I understand that I have to introduce the Energy
Market on the array of the TOD factor by time step; and put on the PPA price 1
$/kWh. With this model, Does the plant get the revenue solding the energy at
the price that I implement on the array of the TOD factor by time step?. With thisoption and the automated dispatch activated. What considerations has the
battery to discharge and charge. I think that The battery charge energy when
the price of the market is lower and the battery discharge when the price of
the market is higher, but it has other considerations? Anothers questions: How does the program know when it is better to load from the net orfrom the system? I´m using AC coupling.
With this PPA model, are there some way to add anchary services?Best RegardsPaul.

• pgilman
More
19 Nov 2021 17:38 #10288 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PV+Storage with Merchant Plant
Hi Jorge,

I think the method is described well in the post I mentioned earlier: sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3583 .

This screenshot illustrates the process described in that post:

If you choose one of the automated dispatch options on the Battery Dispatch page, the battery responds to the time series price data.

The battery only charges from the grid if you check Battery can charge from grid on the Battery Dispatch input page. In general SAM charges from the system before charging from the grid. You can verify the charging behavior by looking at the time series data on the Results page Data Tables or Time Series tabs, for example the "Electricity to battery from grid" and "Electricity to battery from system" variables.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman