Help Exporting Parametric Arrays

• John Carroll
  • Topic Author
More
19 Oct 2021 03:10 - 20 Oct 2021 00:04 #10152 by John Carroll
Help Exporting Parametric Arrays was created by John Carroll
Hi all,

I am running some parametric studies of a fuel cell-pv system. I am most interested in obtaining time series data that I can process later in MATLAB.

My outputs are all arrays of 87600 (hourly data for 10 years). When I export to Excel, I cannot figure out the pattern of data to organize. It seems that column A has some of the inputs and a lot of clipped data from column B when there is only one input, but it gets even more confusing when there are multiple inputs.

I'm just wondering if you guys know the best way to get the arrays of 87600 into columns or rows representing the outputs. 
I've attached the exported excel file for reference.

Thanks for any help!
John Carroll
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 00:04 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Oct 2021 00:12 #10157 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Help Exporting Parametric Arrays
Hi John,

SAM exports time series data from the parametric results in an awkward format because it can't use commas to separate the time series data within a cell, so it uses semicolons instead.

One option would be to export the data for the individual variables separately by clicking the value in the parametric results table. That should open a window with a table of data and buttons you can use to export the data.

Another trick that might work is to save the data as CSV instead of XLSX and then use a good text editor to 1) replace commas with tabs (\t) and then 2) replace semicolons with commas. Then save the file to a different name (to preserve the original data, just in case) and try opening it it in Excel.

Best regards,
Paul.

• John Carroll
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2021 05:35 #10159 by John Carroll
Replied by John Carroll on topic Help Exporting Parametric Arrays
Paul,

Exporting the data by the individual variables worked.

Thanks!
John

Moderators: Paul Gilman