Electrical usage and load copying incorrectly by a factor of 1000 or 1000000!

• JACKIE MEYER
  • Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2021 03:06 #10136 by JACKIE MEYER
I'm at a complete loss as to what is happening. I'm trying to include the electrical usage and load data for this project. No matter what I do, it is wrong. 

First I tried to import the csv file of demand data. It imports as zeros. This is after painstakingly faking hourly data. So I added a header. Still zeros. 

Then I tried to copy and past the column in. Then it reduces the values by 1000. Finally I faked it by multiplying by 1000 in my spreadsheet, pasting that column in, and multiplying by .001. 

But this doesn't give me accurate kwh usage and can't for the life of me figure out why SAM would want to assume kwh usage from kw data since there isn't a correlation. So I selected the normalize option so I can enter monthly kwh usage. 

Pasted my 12 months of usage. Once again it ignores the data and divides it by 1,000,000! What is going on?! The software doesn't know better than I do what the usage is. It shouldn't be modifying anything I'm pasting in. Their usage really is 2+ MWh per month. 

The software is doing whatever it wants making it useless for what I need it for. I watched the video that showed how to import. I've searched. Nothing has helped or even mentioned this as a problem. 

I was able to manually type in the monthly kwh and get it to take that, but that's an unacceptable solution and completely impossible for entering loads. Also, why can't I enter kwh and kw separately? SAM should not be calculating either of these as they are separate and vary drastically from project to project. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
16 Oct 2021 00:34 #10140 by Paul Gilman
Hi Jackie,

Would you mind replying and attaching the load data you are trying to import? As long as the scaling factor is 1 and "Normalize supplied load profile to monthly electric bill data" is not checked, SAM should not modify the data you import.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman