Combined case macro failing

• Craig Pickup
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2021 03:22 #10108 by Craig Pickup
Combined case macro failing was created by Craig Pickup
Hi, I am trying to model 2 different PV systems that are intended for car park solar and rooftop solar.
These systems require different installation cost estimates and I want to simulate a combined case however the macro produces this error (Macro did not finish.
[353] runtime exception at line 353: access violation: expected numeric, but found null).
This is my first use of combine case macro and I think this is applicable to it but if I am mistaken please let me know.
I have attached the SAM file for reference

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Sep 2021 22:32 - 18 May 2023 15:39 #10113 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Combined case macro failing
Hi Craig,

Please try the workaround solution in this GitHub issue:

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/282

For the Fall 2021 version of SAM, we adding a button to the Generic System model's power plant page that will automatically calculate an hourly or subhourly generation profile from the generation profiles from other cases in the file, which should be easier to use than the Combine Cases macro.

UPDATE: As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 18 May 2023 15:39 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman