Make Degradation values visible in Report

• Alexander Fischer
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2021 22:22 #10102 by Alexander Fischer
Make Degradation values visible in Report was created by Alexander Fischer
Hi Paul,
I am using the Detailed PV Model with the No Financial Model option and I am trying to run a report for a customer, including the year 1 panel degradation, assuming 2.5% in the first year.
While I understand that I can use the Nameplate (%) filed in the DC Losses section to represent that, the report keeps showing Degradation -> none in the Performance Adjustments section (see 2x screenshots attached, I'm using the latest version of SAM).

I have tried all fields in the losses section and simply cannot find where to get the report showing that the degradation is not none but actually 2.5%. Can you point me in the4 right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
27 Sep 2021 23:24 #10105 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Make Degradation values visible in Report
Hi Alex,

When you choose the "No Financials" option, SAM runs the simulation for a single year, so there is no annual degradation. The "degradation" value in the PDF report is for degradation over the analysis period, which is not modeled without a financial model.

The annual energy value and other performance metrics in the report do reflect the 2.5% loss you specified in the inputs for that initial degradation.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman