Difference between "Detailed PV model Single Owner" or "PVWatts Single Owner".

• Santiago García Martínez
  • Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2021 09:09 #10029 by Santiago García Martínez
Good morning, I am Santiago García Martínez, a student at the Carlos III University of Madrid. I am doing a thesis to finish my master's degree in renewable energies based on the reduction of the LCOE of a solar thermal plant with photovoltaic to cover parasitic. It is a simple study, without going into too much detail about the financing methods or the components of the installation. I just need to create a photovoltaic field with a given power (that of the maximum hour of the solar thermal plant's parasitics), in the simplest possible way and with the default data provided by SAM. With this, I would get the costs and production, and calculate the LCOE of the combined installation. For this, I was wondering which option would be better, as I am not sure what the difference is between the two, whether to use "Detailed PV model Single Owner" or "PVWatts Single Owner". Please, I would like to ask you for a quick answer, as I have to deliver the study before the 15th of this month. Thanks in advance, best regards.
Santiago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Sep 2021 23:24 #10038 by Paul Gilman
Hi Santiago,

PVWatts uses a simple representation of the PV system compared to the Detailed PV model so you can model a system with less information about the specific design.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman