We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

PVWatts - hourly energy output

• ClaasR
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2021 09:55 #9981 by ClaasR
PVWatts - hourly energy output was created by ClaasR
Hello,
is there any way to retrieve hourly energy output (kWh) from a PVWatts simulation? Or is there a specific reason that the energy output is only given on a monthly basis?
Thanks and best regards
Claas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
25 Aug 2021 21:19 #10002 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PVWatts - hourly energy output
Hi Claas,

The PVWatts model runs hourly or subhourly simulations, depending on the weather file you use. You can see the time series results on the Data Tables tab or Time Series tab of the Results page.

If you are asking about the online PVWatts calculator at pvwatts.nrel.gov/pvwatts.php, you can use the "hourly" link under the Monthly Results table to download hourly results as a CSV file.

Best regards,
Paul.

• ClaasR
  • Topic Author
More
27 Aug 2021 11:51 #10009 by ClaasR
Replied by ClaasR on topic PVWatts - hourly energy output
Hello Paul,
thanks for your quick reply. I was specifically referring to the "kWh" calculated from the (sub-)hourly data. Due to some errors in single data values when using the "Send to Excel" function, the sum of the hourly power data didn't add up to the monthly energy values and I assumed some kind of smoothing integration was being done by PVWatts to calculate the energy output. But when I exported the hourly power data to a CSV, everything added up as expected. Sorry for the bother.
Best regards
Claas

Moderators: pgilman