We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Different Annual Energy for same systems

• RicardomF
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2021 16:02 #9971 by RicardomF
Different Annual Energy for same systems was created by RicardomF
Hello,

I did some simulations for the exact same PV-Battery Commercial system, only changing the Electric Load scaling factor. However, the "Annual Energy (year 1)" changed between each simulation. I thought it somehow had to do with the change in the load scaling factor, but from the 3 simulations (load scaling factor of 0.1; 0.2 and 0.4), the 0.1 factor resulted  in 112MWh; the 0.2 in 115MWh, the  and the 0.4 in 113MWh, so it isn't a linear change. Can someone help me understand why this happens? I tried several times and the results re the same, and it affects the economics of the projects.

Thank you, 
Ricardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
25 Aug 2021 15:09 #9991 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Different Annual Energy for same systems
Hi Ricardo,

The annual energy value is the sum of the hourly or subhourly power generation values. For a behind-the-meter system with batteries, the size of the load affects how the battery is dispatched, which determines how much energy flows through the battery. Some energy is lost as the battery charges and discharges, so I would expect to see a difference in the power generation profile and annual energy for different load sizes.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman