We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

wlim_series PySAM

• Maria_v
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jul 2021 12:27 #9836 by Maria_v
wlim_series PySAM was created by Maria_v
Dear Paul,
In my CSP tower model in PySAM I would like to do something similar to "Grid Limits" in the desktop version. I have read the information and I think the option that comes closest to that is to set is_wlim_series = 1 and then specify using a list or another iterable wlim_series. That's right? I have tried, but it does not limit the power output, it keeps coming out the same as always.
Here just a piece of my code.
system_model_csp.SystemControl.is_wlim_series = 1
system_model_csp.SystemControl.wlim_series = np.ones (8760) * 50
system_model_csp.execute ()
Any help or advice, I would really appreciate it.
Greetings,
Maria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
19 Jul 2021 16:01 #9839 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic wlim_series PySAM
Hi Maria,

The 'wlim' variables are inputs to the CSP system controller. I think you want the inteconnection limit variables, which are 'enable_interconnection_limit' (number: 0=false, 1=true) and 'grid_interconnection_limit-kwac' (number: AC kW limit).

If you want a time series limit instead of a single limit, you can use 'grid_curtailment' (array: AC MW limit for each time step).

One way to find the names of these variables is to find them in SAM's user interface, and then use the LK script editor to list the variables: On the File menu, click New script, and then in the script editor, click Variables at the top of the window. You can then search variables by their labels to find the variable name.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Maria_v
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2021 02:22 #9845 by Maria_v
Replied by Maria_v on topic wlim_series PySAM
Thank you very much Paul. Those commands that you indicate are not in the Pysam information? (nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/master/modules/TcsmoltenSalt.html). I have looked for it there, but it is not there. 

Perhaps the information is not up to date yet.

Thank you very much for your help.

Maria

• pgilman
More
21 Jul 2021 15:21 #9846 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic wlim_series PySAM
Hi Maria,

Those variables are inputs to the Grid module, which is described here: nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/master/modules/Grid.html

For the equivalent Molten Salt Power Tower / Single Owner Configuration in SAM, run TcsmoltenSalt, Grid, Singleowner as described here: nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/master/Configs.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman