We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Electric Load Data

• tom761
  • Topic Author
More
25 May 2021 20:38 #9631 by tom761
Electric Load Data was created by tom761
I am unable to find and load estimated electric load data into a PVWatts+Battery, Residential model. Using the SAM help system I have tried:
1. using the "Download Electric Load" macro; but receive the following error message: "File not found in OpenEI database!"
2. using data generated by a building simulation model, such as the EnergyPlus Example File Generator, apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/inputs/ ;but this link appears to be broken
3. using sample residential load data generated by the EnergyPlus load data generator supplied with SAM in \samples\Simulated Electric Load Data - Residential folder; but several searches of my hard drive could not locate this folder

Can someone help with any of these methods or suggest an alternate approach?  Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
26 May 2021 15:29 #9633 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Electric Load Data
Hi Tom,

It looks like there have been some changes to the DOE database that SAM's Download Electric Load data macro accesses. I am looking into this and will follow up until I learn more.

Unfortunately, I do not have a great suggestion for finding an alternative source of modeled or synthetic load data.

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
27 May 2021 15:14 #9636 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Electric Load Data
Hi again,

The Download Electric Load macro should be working now.

Some recent changes to the OpenEI database caused the macro to stop working, but those have been addressed.

Documentation for the database is here:

data.openei.org/submissions/153

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman