We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

3D shade calculator - crashes when trying to resize or reposition

• sangram123
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2021 15:15 #9589 by sangram123
Hi, I have been trying to resize and reposition the objects in the 3D-shade calculator using my mouse pointer but as I click on the handles to do that, the SAM application crashes. But I can still do that by entering the values.

I am using macOS Big Sur Version 11.3. And the version of SAM that I am using is also up to date.
Is there a way to solve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
12 May 2021 22:52 #9590 by pgilman
Hi Sangram,

I don't have a solution to propose, other than the one you found to type size and position values instead of using your mouse to size and position objects.

Could you attach a copy of a .sam file with the shade scene that causes this problem, or export the scene to an .s3d file and attach that? I would like to try to replicate this issue.

Best regards,
Paul.

• sangram123
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2021 23:35 #9593 by sangram123

File Attachment:

File Name: Shade_2021-05-12.sam
File Size:139 KB
Hi,
Thank you for the response!
I have attached a ".sam" file I was working on. 

• pgilman
More
13 May 2021 16:58 #9596 by pgilman
Hi Sangram,

Thank you for sharing the file. I can't replicate SAM crashing when I change the size and position of objects in SAM 2020.11.29 r2 on Windows. I will have to do some testing on a Mac to see if it is a problem specific to macOS.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman