We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Doubt NSRDB data

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
07 May 2021 18:54 #9558 by paoman
Doubt NSRDB data was created by paoman
Hello, I was downloading some weather files directly from SAM in advanced mode, and the time zone was wrong in some (value 0), in Brazil it is -3.

I realized then that in the simulation the curve was approximately -3h shifted. Can I fix this when downloading or just editing the CSV?

Are all data downloaded by SAM from satellites? Is there a recommendation for simulate batteries, if I can really trust the intermittency of these curves? I always used POA bases, but now I need another location.

The file name has latitude, longitude, and "full disc" (-25.4284_-49.2733_full-disc_60_2019.csv).

Another thing, this displacement will only interfere in the graph of the curve, the simulation result I think is the same. Right?

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
07 May 2021 23:01 #9562 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Doubt NSRDB data
Hi Pão,

Some of the downloads from the Advanced NSRDB Download window return files with data in UTC instead of local time.

We have fixed that problem for SAM 2020.11.29 r2, which we hope to release next week: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/605

In the meantime, you can fix that by editing the file and changing the time zone to the local time zone, and also shifting the data by the appropriate number of hours. You could copy the appropriate number of hours from the beginning of the file to the end since those are nighttime hours and will not affect the solar resource data. If you do that, be sure to shift only the data, not the time stamps (Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute).

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman