We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

translate

• licheng0625
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2021 11:01 #9535 by licheng0625
translate was created by licheng0625
I am a photovoltaic engineer and have used SAM software for many years.
SAM helped me solve many problems in my work.
In order to allow more people to use, reduce the difficulty of getting started.
I want to try to translate SAM, or want to know if there are plans to change the software structure to facilitate translation in the near future.

Tks
                                                                                                                                            Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
03 May 2021 17:32 #9543 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic translate
Hi Lee,

Thank you for the offer.

Unfortunately, SAM's software structure does not make it easy to translate because some of the variable labels and text are in the user interface and others are in the C++ source code. We have considered changing the structure to support translation, but have not received funding for that work.

Best regards,
Paul.

• jfreeman
More
06 May 2021 15:07 #9553 by jfreeman
Replied by jfreeman on topic translate
One thing we have done for other languages is to create a "Getting started" guide in that language to make it easier for non-English-speakers to get going in the English user interface. If you wanted to create a document like that in your language, we would be happy to post it on our website. 

Moderators: pgilman