We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

PC Condenser Pressure in CSP Tower

• NicolasM
  • Topic Author
More
26 Apr 2021 15:27 #9518 by NicolasM
PC Condenser Pressure in CSP Tower was created by NicolasM
Good morning or afternoon, i hope this days find you well, 

I have a question regardind Condenser Pressure visualization in Time-Serie and in Parametric table in CSP Tower+ TES model in SAM 2020-11.-29. In parametric table seccion,  I tried to check this parameter and it is showed as output in [matrix] format but after runing the simulation it does not generate the data. I checked in Time serie but i did not find the parameter to ploted. Could you help me to know why?  Attached is what i am refering 

Asides, is it possible to have two version of SAM installed at the same time in the same Computer? 

Thanks for taking the time in advance, i look forward to your replies.
Kind Regards 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
26 Apr 2021 16:52 - 26 Apr 2021 16:52 #9519 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PC Condenser Pressure in CSP Tower
Hi Nicolas,

The "PC condensing pressure" output variable is only available for the Radiative condenser type (on the Power Cycle page). For the Evaporative, Air-cooled, and Hybrid condenser types, that variable does not have a value in the results.

Yes, you can install more than one version of SAM on your computer, and run them at the same time to make comparisons. By default, SAM installs on different folders on your computer, so the different versions are separate.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2021 16:52 by pgilman.

• NicolasM
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2021 15:48 #9536 by NicolasM
Replied by NicolasM on topic PC Condenser Pressure in CSP Tower
ThanksPaul, for the quick respond 
I have another question regarding this topic. Accordingto "Power Cycle" page when air-cooled condenser type is selected it showed a chart with the condenser pressure as function of the ambient temperature which I assumed is calculated with the bi-variable polynomial to estimate performance of condenser in off-design conditions. setting the heat rejection
as its design condition value.
My question. When SAM compute performance of theCSP plant throughout the TMY, this polynomial used to estimate off-design conditions apply before or after the regression method used to estimate the overall power cycle performance?

Attached are the charts and equations i have referred     

• pgilman
More
07 May 2021 23:40 #9563 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic PC Condenser Pressure in CSP Tower
Hi Nicolas,

The off-design performance of the air-cooled condenser is applied after the cycle performance regression calculation. 

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman