We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Ask (design turbine gross output ) (estimate net output at desig)

• laki
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2021 17:05 #9398 by laki
Dear Prof; 
I want to do a simulation for the CSP for twoer Steam and tower Salt  but I face some problems and represented in:

My objective is to simulate 60 MW  of solar tower.

when I fill  in the system design  I confused about the (design turbine gross  output ) and (estimate net output at design)

which one do I put the 60 MW in the designed turbine gross output or estimate net output at design? knowing that the estimated gross to net conversion factor is 0.9. 

could you tell me which is the best choice to get the right results? from the pictures   you will understand my  problem 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
29 Mar 2021 17:18 - 29 Mar 2021 17:19 #9403 by pgilman
Dear Lokmane,

The two different nominal capacity values allow you to separate the "nameplate" capacity from the "design" capacity. SAM uses the nameplate capacity to calculate costs. It uses the "design" capacity to size the physical system.

For example, the default physical trough system has a nameplate capacity of 100 MW and a design capacity of 111 MW. This means that the project costs will be calculated from the 100 MW value, and the solar field will be sized for a power cycle with a nominal capacity of 111 MW.

If you do not need to separate the capacity values in this way, then you could set the "Estimated gross to net conversion factor" to one and use 60 MW as both the nameplate and design capacity.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2021 17:19 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman