We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Wind toolkit multiple file and multiple year analysis

• Kayaalp
  • Topic Author
More
09 Mar 2021 09:45 #9358 by Kayaalp
Dear Paul, 

We are doing multiple wind analyses using 'wind-toolkit-multiple-file-download.lk' script, but we can only download and run one year for one location. Performing this analysis by creating representative year data for multiple locations or run multiple-year will enable us to obtain better results for our analysis. Can we achieve this by developing the script? Could you help us with how we can do it?
Best Regards,

Umut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
09 Mar 2021 18:46 #9362 by pgilman
Dear Umut,

I am not familiar with the methods used for developing representative wind data files. The NREL WIND Toolkit publications might be helpful:

www.nrel.gov/grid/wind-toolkit.html

Best regards,
Paul.

• Kayaalp
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2021 11:40 - 13 Mar 2021 00:37 #9367 by Kayaalp
Dear Paul, 

We created representative year data using Windograher's tool, I mean is there any script for creating typical year data. 5 years of data can be downloaded for a single point from the NREL website. Is it possible to do the same with code? We want to obtain 8670 production data using multiple years. Could you help us with how to select an interval year instead of one year as below?

Best Regards,
Umut.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2021 00:37 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
13 Mar 2021 00:40 #9370 by pgilman
Dear Umut,

I don't know how to create a single 8760 production profile from 5 years of wind resource data.

If you can use Windographer or another method to create an 8760 wind resource file from the 5 years of data, then you could use that wind resource file as input for the Wind Power simulation in SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman