We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

unknown unhandled exception error

• erkencuneyt1
  • Topic Author
More
02 Mar 2021 14:51 #9329 by erkencuneyt1
unknown unhandled exception error was created by erkencuneyt1
Hello,

When using the parametric section, the software gives error message "Unknown unhandled exception; terminating the thread in which it happened" and can't finish simulations. I shared the file. I'm working on second configuration (vertical). Please help me. Thank you.

File Attachment:

File Name: makale_almas_kean.sam
File Size:3,693 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
03 Mar 2021 00:45 #9331 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic unknown unhandled exception error
Hello,

You might consider updating SAM to the latest version, which is SAM 2020.11.29 r2. You keep the older version installed on your computer if you want to compare the two versions.

I was able to run the parametric simulations in SAM 2020.11.29 r2 without an error. I adjusted the inverval between values to reduce the number of simulations so it would not take so long.

Best regards,
Paul.

• erkencuneyt1
  • Topic Author
More
03 Mar 2021 16:51 #9334 by erkencuneyt1
Replied by erkencuneyt1 on topic 3d shade calculator for bifacial
Hello Sİr,

I really thank you for your help, at the same work ı used 3d shade calculator. Modules are bifacial but after 12pm in diurnal analysis there is no beam radiation. I think it should be reflected from ground. Is it a mistake, could you explain it?

Best regards

• pgilman
More
03 Mar 2021 22:49 #9335 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic 3d shade calculator for bifacial
If the array is completely shaded in a given time step, such as 12 pm, then the beam shading loss for that time step is 100%, which sets the beam irradiance to zero for both the front and back surface of a bifacial module. The beam shading loss does not affect diffuse irradiance, so there may be some irradiance in the plane of the array from diffuse irradiance.

For more details about the bifacial model, please see the publications listed under "Bifacial Modules" on the PV Publications page of the SAM website:

sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-sub-page-2.html

Best regards,
Paul.

• erkencuneyt1
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2021 11:40 #9340 by erkencuneyt1
Replied by erkencuneyt1 on topic 3d shade calculator for bifacial
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your help, i understood the topic.

Best Regards,

Moderators: pgilman