epw-file does not work with latest release 2012.11.30

• kle
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2012 10:55 #1080 by kle
While running simulation with any epw-file I get an error message. csv-files work.

Any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
19 Dec 2012 16:59 #1081 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

Can you provide some more detail about the simulation you are running? What performance model are you using (flat plate PV, physical trough, etc.)? Are you using one of the EPW files from the EnergyPlus website, or one from a different source?

If you can attach both your .zsam file and the .epw file to a reply, I can try to help you identify the problem.

Best regards,
Paul.

• kle
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2012 11:47 #1082 by kle
Dear Paul,
non of the epw files from EnergyPlus website are working since my upgrade to the new version... please find attached the files for your reference.
Thanks for your help!
Karsten

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Dec 2012 17:00 #1083 by Paul Gilman
Dear Karsten,

Thank you for sending the file.

The problem seems to be with the EGY_Aswan.624140_ETMY.epw weather file. I tested your SAM case with the EGY_Aswan.624140_IWEC.epw file, and SAM did not generate an error. I also tested the ETMY file for Cairo Airport, and that worked fine.

One important note: You should change the Azimuth value on the PV Subarrays page from zero to 180 degrees. In SAM 2012.11.30, we changed the azimuth angle convention to be more consistent with other software.

Best regards,
Paul.

• kle
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jan 2013 13:56 #1084 by kle
Dear Paul,
thank you very much for your help. I installed the latest version of SAM and I confirm that it works with the _IWEC.epw file.

Best regards
Karsten

Moderators: Paul Gilman