We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Doubt Data Table "Energy Produced in Year 1 TOD period X (kWh)"

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2020 20:28 #9071 by paoman
Hi, I have a TOD period from 6pm to 8pm. I thought about using the "Energy Produced in Year 1 TOD period X (kWh)" to select the energy injected into the network in that period (PV + battery).
However, with PV without a battery, the energy in this TOD period is higher. My question is, does the variable "Energy Produced in Year 1 TOD period (kWh)" add PV energy + battery?
My battery only charges with PV, and it discharges at TOD 6pm to 8pm. By the graphics the model is adequate, and by the total generation. But, the "Energy Produced in Year 1 TOD period (kWh)" seems inconsistent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Dec 2020 17:27 #9072 by pgilman
For the PPA financial models, the "Energy produced in Year 1 TOD period [n] (kWh)" output variables should show the net electricity delivered to the grid (injected into the network) in each time-of-delivery (TOD) period. For a PV system with storage, that electricity might come from the PV array, battery, or both.

If the results in your file still do not make sense to you, please attach a copy of your .sam file so I can investigate.

Best regards,
Paul.

• paoman
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2020 18:14 #9073 by paoman
Thanks for the reply Paul. Discover the problem after analysis. The issue is the use of punctuation in the number shown in the SAM table. Example, the table in SAM showed numbers like:
System without battery: 355922 kWh
System with battery: 125621 kWh

When copying to Excel or exporting the data were:
System without battery: 355.922 kWh
System with battery: 125621.0 kWh

That is, on the SAM screen in the tables, the score was apparently not correct, causing confusion in the data. I don't know if it was a bug.
Thanks again for support. Your work (SAM team) is very good and contributes to the evolution in the photovoltaic sector.

Moderators: pgilman