Error when using the SAM "parametric" function

• Pão Man
  • Topic Author
More
12 Nov 2020 19:49 #8994 by Pão Man
Hi, I have to perform simulations in a wide range of variables for a single output value. However, SAM will always give an error according to the figure attached, with the message: "Unhandled unknown exception; terminating the thread in which it happened";  or close the program. Even with a few variables, the error occurs. Do you know how I can avoid this?

I tried this on "parametric". Are there any bugs reported for this SAM function?

My notebook has 12gb of RAM and an excellent processor. I also tried on a Macbook, and the same error happened. I'm suspecting it to be RAM, as it simulates all the elements at the same time. I try with 12 combinations and also had the error. Is it possible to simulate each simulation separately automatically, avoiding memory consumption? If this is the problem, it would be a good solution in the next updates. Perhaps the parallel simulation of combinations requires more processing and RAM.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Nov 2020 23:28 #9000 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error when using the SAM "parametric" function
Hi Pão,

If you are running parametric simulations for the Detailed PV or PV Battery configurations, each simulation run is over the analysis period. For a 25-year analysis period, each simulation involves 25 years * 8760 hours/year * 1 time step / hour = 219,000 time steps. For subhourly weather data, the number of time steps is even larger.

It is also possible that there  is a problem with the inputs under one of the parametric scenarios that causes an error and stops the parametric simulations.

Can you attach a copy of the .sam file that generates this error?

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman