Change in manual dispatch loading

• Pão Man
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2020 18:26 #8912 by Pão Man
Change in manual dispatch loading was created by Pão Man
Hi, I have performed simulations for Brazil of solar farms. One of our strategies would be to charge the battery only with clipped power energy. The clipped here occurs practically every day. In the "manual dispatch" option, the system also charging BESS in the "clipped energy power" moments outside. So, I thought about the following options:

1 - Use the manual dispatch with Brazil's respective times (This is already able to do). However, I need to put a rule to only charge the BESS with clipped. How do I do that?
2 - In the dispatch look-ahead option, I can impose the rule. However, I can't change the time I want BESS not to work (3 pm to 6 pm).

So, how can I change the manual dispatch to insert the rule of only loading with clipped? Or, how can I order the dispatch not to work from 3 pm to 6 pm?

Thinking about new markets, this option in software would be interesting. Thanks for your work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Oct 2020 22:44 #8913 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Change in manual dispatch loading
Hi Pao,

The option to charge from DC array power that would otherwise be limited by the inverter when the DC power is greater than the inverter rated power (somewhat misleadingly called "clipped power" in this context) is available in SAM for front-of-meter DC-connected battery systems. For now (SAM 2020.2.29), the option is only available for the automated dispatch options.

I have created a feature request on the SAM GitHub repository. Please feel free to add more detail there if you like:

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/407

Best regards,
Paul.

• Pão Man
  • Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2020 19:29 #8935 by Pão Man
Replied by Pão Man on topic Change in manual dispatch loading
Thanks for the reply, Paul. I thought about using the option "Automated dispatch custom weather file," adding in the custom file the solarimetric data used in the simulation, however, edited with 1000W/m^2 at 15h-18h to prevent the battery from discharging at that time. I haven't been successful yet. Do you know how to say to "force" that way? Well, in this option, I can also charge with clipped.

Thanks for the help so far!

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Oct 2020 15:49 #8939 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Change in manual dispatch loading
Hello,

The automated dispatch for front-of-meter storage considers the PPA price and associated time-of-delivery (TOD) factors on the Revenue page. You might try adjusting those to try to force the dispatch to operate the way you want it to.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Pão Man
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2020 00:31 #8941 by Pão Man
Thank you very much. I being able to force it with TOD and it worked well.

• Pão Man
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2020 21:48 #8960 by Pão Man
Paul, can you tell if the SAM can consider the "electricity rates" instead of TOD (revenue section) for dispatch?

TOD is a factor allocated in a certain period. At the electricity rate, you have options for buying and selling energy, which would make the dispatch more accurate.

I can already simulate the dispatch close to what I wanted. However, I realized that at a certain time, from low TOD he doesn't charge the battery. At this time of low TOD, I wanted to prevent discharge, but continue charging when possible. This would be clearer in the electricity rate, but apparently, he continues to obey TOD.

Att,

Moderators: Paul Gilman