We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Parametric Albedo Modeling of Bifacial PV systems

• georgehart1122
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2020 20:43 #8842 by georgehart1122
Hello,
I am confused by an option in the inputs menu when running parametric analyses for bifacial PV module. Please see the attachment. I have several questions about this:
1. In the location and resource input section in the model, there is already an check box for "Use albedo from weather file if available", Is this subsequent checkbox redundant?
2. There seems to be a slight difference in these modeled values, by checking and unchecking the albedo box in the parametrics section. why?
3. What is the appropriate course of action to model these values with the albedo values in the weather file?

Thanks so much,
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
09 Oct 2020 20:55 #8844 by pgilman
Hi George,

If you check the Use albedo from weather file if available check box on the Location and Resource page and do not choose it (use_wf_albedo) as a parametric variable, then the parametric simulations will run with that option enabled. If you want all of the parametric simulations to use the albedo value from the weather file, then you should check that box on the Solar Resource page, and not include it as a input on the Parametrics page.

You could use the use_wf_albedo variable in the parametric simulation to compare results with and without the option.

If you do not enable the "use albedo from weather file" option, then SAM applies the monthly albedo values from the Location and Resource page, which by default are set to 0.2 for all months.

Best regards,
Paul.

• georgehart1122
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2020 20:58 #8845 by georgehart1122
Replied by georgehart1122 on topic Parametric Albedo Modeling of Bifacial PV systems
Hey Paul,
Thanks for the quick response and the clarity. I will do just that.
George

Moderators: pgilman