Erroneous Hourly Results

• Alfred Abukubu
  • Topic Author
More
27 Sep 2020 11:19 #8788 by Alfred Abukubu
Erroneous Hourly Results was created by Alfred Abukubu
Hello,
I have a MATLAB code generated using SAM version 2020.2.29. When I make the runs on MATLAB, the results for every other is wrong and some sort of number which I could make no sense of. It is sort of an intermediate time step between every hour. And it basically outputs results for 4380 hrs. (i.e. 1 X 2 X .......X 4380 hrs). The results are fine when ran from the SAM software Interface.
It was the model I have was working fine with the MATLAB code until I updated the software and tried using the newer code.
The model created is an IPH direct steam model. I have tried rectifying itself all tries to fix this has yielded no success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Sep 2020 17:20 #8792 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Erroneous Hourly Results
Hi Alfred,

If your MATLAB code is working with the SSC library (ssc.dll in Windows) for an older version of SAM, you may want to continue using the older library.

We did make some updates to the industrial process heat (IPH) parabolic trough model in SAM 2020.2.29. If you want to use the newer version, you might try using SAM's code generator to generate MATLAB code in SAM 2020.2.29 and comparing it with the code generated by the older version of SAM. To make the comparison, make sure that the SSC library that your MATLAB code interacts with is the same version as the SSC library for the version of SAM that you used to generate the code.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 Oct 2020 15:57 #8898 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Erroneous Hourly Results
Hi Alfred,

Please see this post for information about what might be causing this behavior in MATLAB: sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-sdk/3181.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman